BOOK REVIEWS

THEODORE BOONE: THE ABDUCTION BY JOHN GRISHAM

This book is my favourite book because after I had read the first book it had persuaded me to read the second.  It grabbed my attention from the very first page and kept it until I had finished the book.

The story is about a young lawyer called Theodore Boone.  When April Finnemore disappears from her bedroom in the middle of the night, no one not even Theo – who knows her better than anyone – has answers.

As fear ripples through his small hometown of Strattenburg and the police hit a dead end, Theo has to use all of his legal knowledge to find and bring April back alive and bring in the culprit.

“I could not put this book down until I had finished”.

“John Grisham is an amazing author, he has one secret no one else has …. he keeps the reader guessing until the very end”.

“Gripping … I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a good myster”.

“There’s a new kid on the block and this one has some serious powers, half man, half lawyer”.

by James Vernon-Smith

POINT BLANC BY ANTHONY HOROWITZ

A fourteen year old boy named Alex Rider, reluctant MI6 spy, is trying to adapt to a double life, but MI6 have other plans for him.  He has to investigate two accidental deaths of the richest people in the World, but they can only find one link.  They both have a Son at Point Blanc Academy, a school for rebellious rich kids run by the sinister Dr Grief on the massive isolated mountain peaks high up in the French Alps.  With only a false ID and brilliantly disguised gadgets, can he share the fascinating information about Point Blanc Academy he has found or will they discover that he really is a MI6 spy?  Is it too late for Alex Rider?  Read it to find out.

“Brilliant book, a bit like a young James Bond story” said George.

“Fantastic fast moving book recommended for any adventure story reader” said Theo.

By Theo Brindley

MASTER CROOK’S CRIME ACADEMY BY TERRY DEARY

Master Crooks Crime Academy is a book about a crime school in Wildpool.  It is based during the reign of HRH King George IV and HRH Queen Victoria.  The crime school teaches kids how to hold people hostage, to write ransom notes and to burgle and steal.  The school is right next to Wildpool Police Station which you might think is a bad idea, but the sign at the front says “Master Crook’s Crime Academy To Teach Kids To Stick To The Law”.  The police officers names are Constable Liddle and Constable Larch.

I would highly recommend this book because it is funny, enjoyable plus something always goes wrong.  I would age this book at about 6+ because some words might be difficult to read.

“A book this funny should be against the Law!!”  The Sunday Express.

“Brilliant, well done Terry Deary” The Daily Mail.

By Ellie Seager

This entry was posted in Literacy. Bookmark the permalink.